Indonesia reports its 66th avian flu case

first_imgSep 22, 2006 (CIDRAP News) – The Indonesian health ministry reported the country’s 66th H5N1 avian influenza case and 50th death today, this one in an 11-year-old boy who died Sep 18, according to several media reports.Runizar Ruesin, head of Indonesia’s bird flu information center, told Reuters the boy died at a hospital in Tulungagung in East Java province. An Associated Press report said the boy died 2 days after getting sick and just hours after he was admitted to the hospitalTests by two local laboratories confirmed that he had H5N1 avian influenza, Ruesin said.Indonesia has the most avian flu deaths of any country, but its case count is below Vietnam’s 93 cases. All of Indonesia’s cases have occurred since July 2005. The World Health Organization (WHO) had not yet recognized the new case at this writing.The boy had contact with dead chickens, which died in his house, Ruesin told Reuters. He said the health ministry would send investigators to the area where the boy lived. Ruesin told Bloomberg News today that authorities are testing the boy’s relatives and monitoring close contacts.The boy’s death marks the second avian flu fatality in the Tulungagung district in recent months. A 5-year-old boy from the district died Jun 16, according to the WHO.See also:Jul 4 WHO statement on previous case in Tulungagung districthttp://www.who.int/csr/don/2006_07_04/en/index.htmllast_img read more

Riverfront dream 2km from CBD

first_img The home has a bar.Anyone going to the open home will find a 787sq m home on the 1,115sq m block with over 15m of river-frontage — and it also has a private pontoon for mooring.There’s also a master floor with bedroom and ensuite, two walk-in robes, a home office with private entrance and a large outdoor riverfront deck which has its own putting green. Malouf makes a motza on property Horizon pool and large outdoor entertainment space.The property sits on a massive 1,115sq m block right on the water a short distance to the Eleanor Schonell Bridge — aka the Green Bridge — which links Dutton Park with the University of Queensland in St Lucia.The home, which is open for inspection on Saturday from 10.45am, has been marked to go to auction on Sunday October 27 at 11am. The home easily accommodates growing families.Mr Lordi said there had been an increase in enquiries from local, national and international buyers for luxury properties throughout Brisbane.“Brisbane has exceptional value — and these buyers see that and want to invest in the market before it’s too late,” he said. “We put all of these buyers in competition which in turn produces an above market result.”The property is open for inspection from 10:45am to 11:15am on Saturday. FOLLOW SOPHIE FOSTER ON FACEBOOK The putting green on the outdoor deck on the master floor.Appliances in the entertainer’s kitchen are Miele and there’s also a butler’s pantry in the living floor which has several formal and informal zones, a media room, storage room, workshop, plus a huge outdoor riverfront recreation area.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus11 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market11 hours agoThe home also has a horizon edge pool with water feature, self-contained accommodation, a dedicated bar, kitchenette and temperature-controlled wine cellar. A home built to pamper.Mr Lordi said it was a prime piece of riverfront real estate walking distance from the centre of Brisbane.“This property is truly immaculate,” Mr Lordi said. “Spread over four storeys with suspended concrete slab and located only 2km from Brisbane CBD, this home is the definition of riverfront inner city luxury living.”center_img 9 Borva Street, Dutton Park, Qld 4102A stunning home spread across four storeys is expected to generate strong interest given its riverfront location just 2km from the Brisbane CBD.The five bedroom home at 9 Borva Street, Dutton Park, hit the market this week, with agent Joseph Lordi, McGrath Bayside — Manly and Cleveland — set to take it to auction in October. How to keep your cool whien househunting MORE: Region now a millionaire magnet Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:58Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:58 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD432p432p216p216p180p180pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenHow much do I need to retire?00:58last_img read more

Barcelona banned from signing players until 2016 after losing appeal with FIFA

first_imgSpanish giants Barcelona will not be able to sign any players until Janyary 2016, once the current transfer window closes after their FIFA appeal was rejected.The Spaniards were given the 14-month ban after being found to have breached rules on signing international players under the age of 18.However the ban was suspended until the hearing of their appeal, which has allowed them to spend over £120m this summer on new players, including Liverpool’s Luis Suarez. The club’s only course of action will be to take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas), incidentally where Suarez last week had his four month footballing ban amended so that he could train with his team.The ban will start in the next transfer window, early next year, which means their summer acquisitions will be unaffected.And the Catalan club could, if they wanted, sign more players before the current transfer window ends on 31 August. In a statement, the club said it would “continue defending its interests before the highest sporting authority, in this case the Court of Arbitration for Sport”.Barcelona added that the punishment was an “affront to the spirit” of their “world renowned” academy La Masia, which is regarded as being the foundation of the club’s success in recent years. The academy has produced players such as, Xavi and Lionel Messi who have been vital to the team’s dominance in recent years.The Catalans will also have to pay a fine of 450,000 Swiss Francs (£305,000) and in a brief statement by FIFA, they said “FC Barcelona is to serve a transfer ban which will see the club prevented from registering any players at both national and international level for two complete and consecutive transfer periods.”The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has been told to pay a fine of 500,000 Swiss Francs (£340,000) and told to “regularise its regulatory framework and existing system concerning the international transfer of minors in football” within a year.last_img read more