Greenwood offers grovelling apology after England Covid shame

first_img Promoted Content7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year10 Characters Who Deserve To Be Official Disney PrincessesThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her GrandsonPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic BombsTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldIt Might Be Quentin Tarantino’s Last MovieWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny Mason Greenwood offered a grovelling apology after his Covid-19 hotel shame and admitted he let Gareth Southgate down. Greenwood, 18, and Phil Foden, 20, were thrown out of England’s squad for meeting girls at a hotel after Saturday’s 1-0 win in Reykjavik. Before boarding a private plane flying them back to Manchester, the duo were hit with a £1,360 fine by Icelandic authorities for the coronavirus breach. Foden first issued an apology and now Greenwood has followed by promising it was a “lesson I will learn from”. He said: “Having now had the chance to reflect on what’s happened, I can only apologise to everyone for the embarrassment I have caused. “It was irresponsible of me to break the COVID-19 protocols which are in place to protect players, staff and the public. “In particular, I want to apologise to Gareth Southgate, for letting him down, when he had shown great trust in me. “Playing for England was one of the proudest moments in my life and I only have myself to blame for this huge mistake. “I promise my family, the fans, Manchester United and England that this is a lesson I will learn from.” Both players had made their international debuts in the Nations League win – Foden started the game and Greenwood came off the bench – but will miss tonight’s clash with Denmark and possibly another three games as punishment. Their clubs did not hold back when condemning their actions in brutal statements. A comment from United said: “Manchester United are liaising with the Football Association and are disappointed with the actions of Mason Greenwood over this situation.” City followed up: “It is clear that Phil’s actions were totally inappropriate. “His behaviour not only directly contravenes strict guidelines related to Covid-19, but also falls well below the standard expected of a Manchester City player and England international.” Reports from Iceland, including from newspaper DV, suggested the two girls posted photographs of the players on Snapchat. The squad were exempt from Iceland’s quarantine procedures but still had strict rules to follow and were not allowed to meet any person outside the bubble. read also:Shamed Foden snapped showing bum to girls he and Greenwood smuggled into team hotel Foden and Greenwood met Icelandic model Nadia Sif Lindal Gunnarsdottir, 20, and her 19-year-old cousin Lara Clausen. Nadia revealed she had been chatting to Manchester United forward Greenwood before England travelled to Reykjavik. A video later surfaced showing the girls on the phone to the footballers as they planned their route into the hotel. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Loading… last_img read more

Syracuse falls two spots to No. 9 in Inside Lacrosse rankings

first_img Published on April 16, 2018 at 8:27 pm Contact Josh: jlschafe@syr.edu | @Schafer_44 Syracuse (7-4, 4-0 Atlantic Coast) sank two spots to No. 9 in the Inside Lacrosse rankings after it split its two games the past week.Tuesday, SU lost at then-No. 9 Cornell 13-8 before winning in overtime on Saturday, 13-12, against North Carolina. Syracuse’s loss to Cornell was the Orange’s fourth loss in its last six nonconference games.Maryland remained the nation’s top-ranked team and four of the five ACC teams stayed in the top 20 with Duke (No. 3), Virginia (No. 13) and Notre Dame (No. 15).Syracuse will continue its nonconference slate on Saturday against No. 14 Navy. Comments AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Facebook Twitter Google+last_img

Playtech opens Bucharest live gaming studio

first_img Playtech goes live in the US with bet365 August 7, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Jason Ader – No Boogeyman… Activism will play a vital part in reshaping gambling August 20, 2020 Romania’s ONJN adds 20 sites to blacklist August 14, 2020 Submit Related Articles Share Seeking to optimise its live gaming content services, FTSE-listed gambling technology firm Playtech Plc has confirmed that it has opened a ‘state-of-the-art’ studio facility in Bucharest (Romania) to cater for growing demand in licensees in newly regulated Eastern European markets.The Bucharest studio will employ native dealers in live broadcasts for Playtech gaming content clients. The new studio will further support Playtech live casino operations and studios in Manila, Latvia, Spain and Belgium catering for local audiences.Complying with national regulations relating to online gambling technology provisions, Playtech supplier services and technology have gained approval from OJNN the Romanian gambling regulator.The facility, that was delivered ahead of schedule, offers licensees a huge range of new and classic game variants including live blackjack, roulette and casino hold’em. All products are streamed using the latest HD camera equipment and next generation live gaming platform offering available across all desktop and mobile devices.Mor Weizer, Playtech CEO, commented on the opening of the Bucharest live gaming studio:  “The opening of the new studio further solidifiesPlaytech’s position as the market leader in global, cutting-edge, regulated live casino.“This is just the beginning of our growth plans with a series of exciting new products and variants in our 2017 live casino roadmap as well as significant expansion plans for our other facilities,”last_img read more

Letterkenny to welcome 51 visitors from twinned town Rudolstadt

first_imgA large delegation from the German town of Rudolstadt will visit Letterkenny this weekend marking one year since the official signing of the Twinning Agreement between both towns.Fifty-one visitors will be welcomed by Mayor of Letterkenny Cllr. John O’Donnell when they arrive at a special reception on Friday night in the Radisson Hotel.Cllr O’Donnell said he believes that “great progress has been made over the last 12 months in building strong connections with our partners in Rudostadt and I am looking forward to welcoming them back to Letterkenny and indeed Donegal on Friday evening. “From the outset we were keen to see young people from both towns involved in the initiative and I am delighted with the progress that has been made on this front.  We have a number of young people visiting as part of this delegation and there will be an event for students and young people on Monday morning in the Co-Lab where they will get an opportunity to build friendships and learn about each other’s community and I hope that this will lay the pathway for a more extensive youth exchange programme in the near future.”Rudolstadt, GermanyThe delegation will have an opportunity to participate in some of the planned Donegal Connect initiatives this weekend including the Donegal Bay Drive Tour where delegates will have an opportunity to visit Hanna Hats and Magees of Donegal Town before experiencing the highest seacliffs in Europe at Sliabh Liag along with a visit to Glencolmcille Folk Village.On Sunday the group will travel north visiting Creeslough and Dunfanaghy before travelling to Ramelton to enjoy a jazz music session.A delegation from Letterkenny visited Rudolstadt in March this year and Chief Executive of Donegal County Council Seamus Neely hopes that this return visit will be an enjoyable experience for the delegates and that they will get a sense of the scale and diversity of County Donegal while continuing to build strong meaningful linkages with Letterkenny. Mary Daly, Donegal County Council, Karol Kerrane, Cllr. Ian McGarvey, Mayor of Letterkenny MD and Jorg Reichl, Rudolstadt Mayor at the official signing of Twinning Agreement between Letterkenny and Rudolstadt in Letterkenny Public Service Centre on October 2nd, 2018. Photo Clive WassonAn important part of the visit will be exploring opportunities to further develop commercial linkages and with that in mind the delegation will be visiting a number of businesses including Kinnegar Brewing at K2 in Letterkenny on Monday morning and will visit Donegal County Museum on Monday afternoon.The visit will conclude on Tuesday morning with a formal meeting between the delegates and members of Donegal County Council and businesses represented by the Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce.Letterkenny to welcome 51 visitors from twinned town Rudolstadt was last modified: September 26th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GermanyRudolstadtlast_img read more

Solar Power Fees Are an Issue in Spain, Too

first_imgU.S. electric utilities aren’t the only ones worried about the impact of renewable energy on their long-term ability to pay grid operating costs.A number of utilities here are worried that as more homeowners install photovoltaic systems at home, income will fall. That’s not only because solar customers buy less power, but also because utilities have been buying their surplus power at retail rates under net-metering programs.These trends have shifted more of the costs of maintaining the grid to non-solar customers, and some utilities fear the trend is a long term threat to maintaining the grid. Utilities in some states are seeking changes in net-metering rules that would help their bottom lines.Now, as The Wall Street Journal reports, the government in Spain also is worried about coming up with the money to pay for the grid. The immediate cause was an economic slump that reduced power use, not a tidal wave of PV installations. But it’s coming at a time of increased interest in renewables, and the dampening effect on homeowners may be the same.In July, the government, proposed a new fee on renewable energy systems that is expected to win approval from the Parliament and go into effect on Jan. 1, the newspaper said in a story published Oct. 21. It’s part of an effort to come up with as much as 5 billion Euros a year for the electrical grid. Installations on the risePV installations in Spain seem tiny compared with some other European countries. According to the newspaper, just 5,000 homes and businesses have gone to “self-production” since it was authorized in 2011 and solar electricity amounts to less than 0.1% of the country’s total. However, that was expected to grow 10 times by 2020.Now that’s in doubt. Under the new rules, those with grid-tied systems will be charged a fee for the electricity they generate for use at home or their place of business. Fines for scofflaws or those who fail to register are steep.The newspaper said the fees have been defended by the country’s energy minister as a way of helping to pay for the operating and fixed costs of the grid, which he says homeowners with grid-tied systems still need. Spain’s largest solar industry trade group criticized the pending change.Some homeowners and businesses that invested in solar panels say the fees will eat into projected savings. One architect in Madrid said the three panels he bought should have paid for themselves in eight years. Now it looks like it will be 17 to 19 years, so he gave the panels away.last_img read more

Players boycotting social media over racism receive abuse

first_imgLATEST STORIES There was silence on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram from many players from 0800 GMT Friday for 24 hours.“Yesterday, some members received racist abuse on their #Enough posts. When these incidents were reported, the response from social networks was — again — unacceptable,” the PFA said in a statement. “In the coming days, we will be inviting players to report any racist abuse they have received to us. We will collate it and share it with social platforms to demonstrate the impact of their lack of action.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“We will be requesting meetings with each of the social platforms as a matter of priority,” the PFA said. “Meetings with the Football Association and government are planned for next month. This is a first step in a larger player-led campaign to tackle racism and demand meaningful change.”The boycott was advocated by Tottenham defender Danny Rose, who was targeted with monkey noises while playing for England in Montenegro last month, and Manchester United defender Chris Smalling, who called for more stringent regulation of posts on social media. DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Johnriel Casimero stops Mexican foe to win WBO interim belt Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Social media companies did not appear to respond on their networks to the players’ concerns despite widespread coverage and support from FIFA for the boycott.Twitter did not respond to an email from The Associated Press requesting comment and Facebook, which also owns Instagram, provided a statement that did not directly address the players’ concerns.“We will remove hate speech or credible threats of any kind, and we encourage anyone who sees content they find offensive to report it so we can remove anything that breaks our community standards,” Facebook said by email. “We have developed a range of tools that allow users to moderate and filter the content that people put on their pages including; hiding or deleting comments, blocking certain words, turning on a profanity filter, and banning people.”ADVERTISEMENT Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power gridcenter_img Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Manchester City’s Riyad Mahrez, left, challenges for the ball with Tottenham’s Danny Rose during the Champions League, round of 8, first-leg soccer match between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium in London, Tuesday, April 9, 2019. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein)MANCHESTER, England — Some soccer players in England boycotting social media in a protest against racism were targeted with abuse for posting about the 24-hour campaign.Talks with the social media companies are now being urgently sought by the Professional Footballers’ Association, which coordinated the “Enough” campaign to demand a crackdown on racism by the platforms.ADVERTISEMENT View commentslast_img read more