Read Also: NBA: Cavaliers sink 76ers as Embiid hurts shoulder Hughes, whose last top-10 effort was nine months ago at Colonial, shared the lead at 16 but missed the fairway with his approach and was just short on a 22-foot par putt. Im found a fairway bunker but blasted out with a 5-iron from 176 yards and two-putted from 28 feet for a key par. At 18, Im layed up on his second shot out of the rough only to find a bunker with his third, but blasted his 60-foot bunker shot two feet beyond the hole and made the putt. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Fleetwood and Steele both plunked their second shots into the water at 18 to doom their title hopes while Hughes pulled his approach left into the grandstand, recovering for a par but settling for second place. – Cup success boosted Im – Im made aggressive shots on the closing holes to set up his birdies, knowing the event was up for grabs. “I knew I was one back going into the last four,” Im said. “I wanted to get a little more aggressive than I had been playing on the final holes. I felt pretty good after the birdie.” Im said his performance for the Internationals in last December’s Presidents Cup, when he went 3-1-1, helped him handle the intense pressure he faced in the final round. “I felt a little less pressure than I did at the Presidents Cup,” Im said. “Hopefully that can help me going forward.” South Korea’s Im Sung-jae captured his first US PGA Tour title on Sunday in a dramatic four-man Honda Classic shootout, then shared his worries about the coronavirus outbreak striking his homeland. South Korea’s Im Sung-jae captured his first US PGA title on Sunday by winning the Honda Classic The 21-year-old Asian prodigy, last year’s US PGA Rookie of the Year, birdied four of the first five holes and sank tension-packed birdie putts at the par-3 15th and 17th to help secure the victory at Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Im fired a four-under par 66 final round to become the youngest winner in tournament history with a breakthrough triumph at PGA National in his 50th US PGA start. “After so many chances so many weeks and having a bunch of top 10s, using that experience this week was big,” Im said through a translator. “I hope to really work hard and move forward and become a winner again soon.” Im finished 72 holes on six-under 274 for a one-stroke victory over Canada’s Mackenzie Hughes. Britain’s Tommy Fleetwood was third on 276 and American Brendan Steele shared fourth on 277 with England’s Lee Westwood, American Daniel Berger and South Korean An Byeong-hun. After the breakthrough title, Im expressed his concern over the coronavirus and its impact in South Korea. “There have been reportedly over 2,000 cases of the coronavirus in South Korea and I’m a little concerned and worried about how fast this virus is spreading,” Im said through a translator. “All I can do is pray for the best and hope moving forward that not many more people get infected and hopefully this virus can be calmed down and sort itself out.” Im made a huge drive over water to eight feet at the par-3 15th and sank the putt to create a four-man logjam atop the leaderboard with Fleetwood, Hughes and Steele. Hughes sank a stunning 53-foot birdie putt at the 17th to briefly match Im for the lead, but the South Korean calmly answered moments later with a birdie putt from just inside eight feet to reclaim the solo lead for good. England’s Fleetwood, runner-up at the 2018 US Open and 2019 British Open and seeking his first US PGA victory, sank a 24-foot birdie putt at 17 to pull within one of Im heading to the par-5 18th with Steele two back. Loading… Promoted ContentThe Best Cars Of All Time7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hootWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?Top 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennySome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That ExistYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime
There was under-declaration, accordingto Jaminola but he declined to identify the suspected owner because theinvestigation was still ongoing. BACOLOD City – A total of 798 boxes ofcigarettes with fake documentary stamps were recovered by operatives of theBureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and the Philippine National Police’s CriminalInvestigation and Detection Group from a warehouse at the Bacolod Real EstateDevelopment Corp. (Bredco) port at around 5 p.m. on Sept. 12. The seized cigarettes with fakedocumentary stamps were estimated to be worth P14 million. Operatives also seized the following:boxes of filter rods, staple wires, razor blades and hand saws. The raid was effected after BIRreceived information about fake cigarettes there, according to BIR regionaldirector Antonio Jonathan Jaminola. Jaminola said penalty could reach P140million and a charge for tax evasion may be filed./PN
The social pension is released per semester orevery six months, thus each beneficiary gets P3,000. The release was originallydone every quarter but this was modified. ILOILO City – For this year as of Dec. 2, P1.4billion has so far been released to 246,421 social pensioners in WesternVisayas, according to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). The 246,421 is 70 percent of the 365,908target beneficiaries of the national government’s Social Pension Program forIndigent Senior Citizens (SPISC) in the region, said Judith Tañate- Barredo,DSWD Region 6 social pension focal person. Under SPISC, a monthly stipend of P500 isreleased to an indigent senior citizen. But in September this year, DSWD Region 6started releasing P6,000 to each beneficiary covering a whole year of pension. “We are waiting for more names ofbeneficiaries to be downloaded by our central office,” said Macapobre. “We hope to release the pension of theremaining beneficiaries before this year ends,” said Tañate- Barredo. The list of qualified social pensioners wasdownloaded to regional offices in batches. Even then, some pensioners complained nothaving received theirs. DSWD regional director Ma. Evelyn Macapobre said thiswas due to the revalidation of the list of beneficiaries by the department’scentral office. The senior citizen must have no permanentsource of income and/or frail, sickly or with disability. Senior citizens with regular support fromtheir families or have pensions from the Social Security System, GovernmentService Insurance System and/or private offices are not eligible for thepension, she stressed./PN
“They have been placed under monitoringsince their arrival on Tuesday, but they are not under mandatory quarantine,”Duque said in an interview on Friday. According to Department of Health secretary Francisco Duque III the South Koreans in Boracay are among the 26 Korean national that the country are eyeing for a possible coronavirus disease 2019. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN “The decision that we are followingis that if they don’t have symptoms, although the place has been identified,they will be considered as persons under monitoring,” he added. South Korea has the most confirmedcoronavirus cases outside of mainland China. There are at least 2,022 personswho were confirmed positive of the coronavirus disease and recorded 13 deaths. MANILA– Eleven South Koreans who landedat the world-famous Island of Boracay despite their travel history from thecity of Daegu, South Korea are being monitored, the Department of Health (DOH)said. According to DOH secretary FranciscoDuque III, the South Koreans in Boracay are among the 26 Korean nationals beingmonitored across the country following their recent trip to Daegu. A travel ban was imposed on thosetraveling from North Gyeongsang province, where Daegu City is located. It iswhere the majority of South Korea’s coronavirus cases are concentrated. Aside from Daegu, the Philippines alsohas an existing travel ban on China and its special administrative regions HongKong and Macau. Japan is also being eyed by the country. The Philippines has three confirmedcases of coronavirus. Two have recovered, while the other one died./PN
Padilla was detained in the lockup cellof the Jaro police station. ILOILO City – A suspected drug pusherwas arrested in Barangay Tabuc Suba, Jaro district. No bail bond was recommended for histemporary liberty./PN Police identified him as 32-year-old RingoPadilla, a resident of the village. Padilla’s arrest last week was staged onthe strength of an arrest warrant issued by Judge Rosario Abegadil Dris-Villanueva,of the Regional Trial Court in relation to drug charges the suspect faces.
Their respective local government units fetched the OFWs from the hotel. The test results of the three turned out negative. Two of them were residents of Guimbal, Iloilo and another was from San Dionisio, Iloilo. * 33-year-old-male from Dingle, Iloilo (Patient No. 76), hospitalized They were allowed to go home on May 14, a day after the results were released, but were told to finish 14-day quarantine in isolation facilities prepared their respective local government units. These four were from the first and second batches of repatriated WV OFWs. The 24 OFWs were the third batch of Region 6 overseas workers repatriated since April. This batch was composed of 41 OFWs some of whom were residents of towns and cities in other Western Visayas provinces. * 32-year-old male from Pavia, Iloilo (Patient No. 92), facility quarantine 2. OFWs must have certification that they have finished a 14-day quarantine As of May 14, only four repatriated OFWs in Iloilo province tested positive for COVID-19. They were the following: They would wrap up their quarantine on May 22. These were the three requirements: * 24-year-old male from Tigbauan, Iloilo (Patient No. 46), recovered The 21 OFWs were part of the 24 Ilonggo overseas workers who returned here after over a month of being stranded in Metro Manila due to the quarantine here. The testing of returning OFWs was a requirement set by the Western Visayas Regional Task Force on COVID-19 in resolutions No. 12, 13 and 14. According to Dr. Maria Socorro Colmenares-Quiñon of the Provincial Health Office, the results of the OFWs’ reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) tests were released on May 13. The OFWs waited for the results while on quarantine at a hotel on General Luna Street, Iloilo City. 3. OFWs must have medical certificates that they are asymptomatic and are in good health condition/PN 1. OFWs must have undergone RT-PCR test with negative result conducted within seven days prior to boarding ILOILO – Twenty-one overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who returned to this province on May 9 tested negative for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). * 26-year-old male from Tigbauan (Patient No. 47)
Lisa Barnett, English and drama instructor from Batesville Community Schools, recently lost her father, Ronald McCloud, at the age of 90. Mr. McCloud lived in Hanover, Indiana, when he passed away. He was born in Putnam County, Indiana, and he was raised in the Bedford Community. He graduated from Mooresville High School in 1940. He attended Earlham College in Richmond where he ran cross country for the Quakers and was later inducted into the Track Hall of Fame. It is interesting to me that his son-in-law, Thomas Barnett, is now the head boys’ cross country coach at Batesville High School after spending more than 20 years as coach of the Middle School runners. Mr. McCloud’s grandson, Trent, is a current runner on the Batesville Varsity Boys’ Team. Ronald McCloud was a decorated soldier in World War II. During his lifetime, he spent more than 40 years with the Social Security Administration and was manager of the Madison Office. We want to extend our sympathy to his family!
The Indiana Boys High School Basketball Sectional Pairings Show will be on The Sports Voice-Country 103.9 WRBI this Sunday Afteroon (2-23) from 3:30-5 PM with The IHSAA and Indiana Sports Talk with Bob Lovell.Batesville Bulldogs Coach Aaron Garrett will be among the guest coaches.Find out where your favorite teams will be playing during The Sectionals.Pairings will be posted on www.wrbiradio.com.
Don and Barb Horan (Image: On Eagle’s Wings 5K)The National Transportation Safety Board released its final report in the fatal airplane accident that claimed the lives of four Greensburg residents.Don Horan, 46, was the pilot of the single engine Piper PA 46-350 plane that crashed while he attempted to land at the Greensburg Municipal Airport in December 2012.Horan was with his wife Barb, as well as another couple Steve and Denise Butz, on a return flight from Destin, Florida.The report stated that the pilot appeared to try and abort the landing, however, lost control to spatial disorientation. FAA officials caution, “pilots are particularly vulnerable to spatial disorientation during periods of low visibility due conflicts between what they see and what their supporting senses, such as inner ear and muscle sense, communicate.”Steve and Denise Butz (Image: On Eagle’s Wings 5K)Witnesses said the weather was foggy on the evening of the accident. The last few seconds of recorded data indicated that the airplane entered into a descending left turn, transportation officials said.The four residents were members of St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Greensburg. Church and community members banded together after the tragedy and even launched the first annual On Eagle’s Wings 5K in their memory in August 2013.
A local conservation officer is credited with pulling a man out of the water at Brookville Reservoir on Sunday.A local conservation officer is being recognized for his quick actions that potentially saved the life of a boater on the Brookville Reservoir.On Sunday afternoon, Brookville resident Don Vander Muelen and his wife were sailing a small sailboat when he was unexpectedly tossed into the water by a gust of wind. Vander Muelen, who was not wearing a life-jacket, attempted to swim toward his boat but the wind was pushing the boat away from him.Indiana Conservation Officer Travis Wooley spotted Vander Muelen struggling to stay afloat and moved his patrol boat next to him. Vander Muelen was able to be pulled from the water by Wooley without injury.Vander Muelen has responded by writing a letter of appreciation which states, “Our Father’s Day outing could have ended tragically had it not been for Officer Wooley’s quick actions.”DNR Officials are reminding all people who enjoy water activities to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved life-jacket at all times. Indiana has recorded 26 open water drownings in 2014 with 11 of those victims being less than 18 years old.